Audio Jack 2.5 mm

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200704 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 19:14:22 CEST 2007

t3st3r <t3st3r at mail.ru> writes:
> I will have headache with buying 2.5 to 3.5 mm jack converter since
> handsets with 2.5 mm jack are pretty low-quality and only suitable
> for calls ...

Agreed.

Etymotic (http://www.etymotic.com/) makes a great set of very high
fidelity headsets, but the stereo ones are all 3.5mm.  The 2.5mm one
is only monophonic, so it is pretty useless for listening to one's
music.  (They do make phone calls sound great though!)

I've hoping that the combined stereo + microphone 2.5mm jack will
catch on and we'll eventually be able to buy high-quality combined
phone/stereo headsets.

-wolfgang