Some light ahead...

Ian Stirling openmoko at
Fri Apr 27 23:34:23 CEST 2007

Duncan Hudson wrote:
> Jim Thompson wrote:
>> 4) Relax... you're not going to be able to add features to an iPhone.
> OSX is unix based, so you and I both know that one will be able to add
> apps to the iPhone.  We also both know that for it to succeed in the
> business environment they'll have to allow 3rd party apps.

That's a little strong.

Custom u-boot, or something like it, that will only accept signed
firmware images to upgrade.
Properly setup security, with an installer that will only install signed
Kernel that will only run signed binaries.

Oh - if you pay apple large amounts of money, sure.
Free? Well I doubt it.