Audio Jack 2.5 mm

Ian Stirling openmoko at mauve.plus.com
Sun Apr 29 10:11:51 CEST 2007

Alex Schamenek wrote:
> Not really the point that quality 2.5mm headphones are available.  They
> are a response to dumb phones having 2.5mm jacks when they should have
> had 3.5mm.  There are more top quality 3.5mm headsets available.
> Vladimir raises a very good question: "What is the jack intended to be
> used for?  Music or calls?"  The Neo has bluetooth.  Most phones with
> bluetooth don't have a jack at all.  So since this one does have
> bluetooth, wouldn't you want to use your bluetooth headset for calls and
> your favorite stereo headphones for music?  I know I would.  Can't wait
> for the future versions to get A2DP.  Then this question will be moot.

Well - not really.
Unfortunately for me, I can't really afford nice headphones, and would
like to use reasonable earphones, that if I mangle them, as I may with a
mobile device, I don't care so much.
A2DP isn't really an answer.
It means another battery to charge/run out, and large expensive headphones.
I could care less about having to physically pick up the phone to answer
it, it doesn't bother me at all.
For me personally, a 3.5mm jack would be ideal.