OpenEmbedded on Suse 10.1

ruk.ansari ruk.ansari at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 13:12:30 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm unable to setup Openembedded  on Suse 10.1.
The instructions at - http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEandYourDistro
state to install apt4rpm and then proceed with debian instructions.
When I follow the Debian instructions to include
 "deb http://www.openembedded.org/dl/ packages/" in
/etc/apt/sources.list" and run
"|apt-get update; apt-get install openembedded-essential|" , I get the
following error:
||E: Type 'deb' is not known in on line 20 in source list
/etc/apt/sources.list

I've tried to manually install the open-embedded-essential rpms but
there are a whole bunch of dependencies.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem or got OpenEmbedded working on
Suse 10.1?

Thanks in advance,
Rukhsana