700 Mhz Spectrum Auction

Kyle Bassett kylebassett at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 16:54:24 CEST 2007

I am disappointed.  I wanted the FCC to support "open networks" and "open
services" as well.  I really hope Google wins this thing...for the sake of
projects like ours.

In today's society, we are at the mercy of Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, etc. in
terms what we are required to pay for mobile phone and internet access.  I
am not a fan of regulation myself (the reason I support open source
products) but by providing those 4 open requirements, I think it would
really help to cut down on some of these monopolies.

Honestly, I feel it's ridiculous that this "utility" is not better managed.
So many great innovations would come from having an open mobile network
(that does not have a primary objective of making money).

-Kyle