Import Duty - I have refused my delivery.

David.Prior at generaldynamics.uk.com David.Prior at generaldynamics.uk.com
Fri Aug 3 13:59:50 CEST 2007

Just thought you all might like to know that OpenMoko shipments are
attracting import duty in the United Kingdom.

Despite paying USD104.99 for 'expedited' shipping, my order arrived with
a demand for GBP57.19 in import duty. This should either be factored
into the shipping charge or, as these devices are technically 'computer
peripherals', described as 'computer peripherals' in order that they do
not attract import duty.

I have REFUSED my delivery and it is being returned to the depot and,
presumably, will be returned to sender.

I either want a new shipment that does not attract import duty *or* I
want a full refund.

I know these are developer releases but I would have hoped that OpenMoko
would have sorted out the international shipping issues properly.

I'm annoyed!

David.

This email and any files attached are intended for the addressee and may contain information of a confidential nature. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that this email was sent to you in error and you should not disclose, distribute, print, copy or make other use of this email or its attachments. Such actions, in fact, may be unlawful. In compliance with the various Regulations and Acts, General Dynamics United Kingdom Limited reserves the right to monitor (and examine for viruses) all emails and email attachments, both inbound and outbound. Email communications and their attachments may not be secure or error- or virus-free and the company does not accept liability or responsibility for such matters or the consequences thereof.  General Dynamics United Kingdom Limited, Registered Office: 100 New Bridge Street, London EC4V 6JA. Registered in England and Wales No: 1911653.