interesting red flag ui

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Fri Aug 3 22:59:12 CEST 2007

On 3 Aug 2007, at 21:30, Thomas Gstädtner wrote:

> Yet another poor iPhone-lookalike. *gape*
> Sorry, but can't see the clones and the original anymore.
>
> Concerning your question: rotating the screen is no problem at all
> since the OM kdrive has xrandr support (xrandr -o 1), but imho the
> screen is still physically too small to allow writing with your
> fingers on a standard on screen keyboard.

I think the fastest one handed text entry method is t9. Less precise
movements required, 3 x 3 buttons.

I agree about iPhone clones. It's possible to be fresh and usable
without cloning the iPhone and the desktop.

I have a few ideas for a launcher, instead of a Start menu, have a
launcher application.

Imagine a cylinder you can rotate left and right, it would show 3
icons highlighted vertically and you would see other icons around the
cylinder, it would be 3D of course.You can also move thumb up and
down to change position along the cylinder.

Ok it's a bit gimmicky but you wouldn't need to move your finger
around the screen so much as the current system with scrollbars etc.
Iit would show off the 3d capability of the chip in the consumer
version. We have enough resolution to make it smooth.