Landscape mode

David Pottage david at electric-spoon.com
Sun Aug 5 10:37:35 CEST 2007

Andy Poling wrote:
> I've been experimenting with landscape mode display and running remote
> X apps
> from my desktop to see how they work. Quite a few things seem better in
> landscape, maybe because I'm used to having to scroll vertically to
> see the
> whole page, but scrolling horizontally feels strange.
>
> Here's an capture of dillo with the 2007.2 window management framework in
> landscape:
>
> http://www.realbig.com/dillo_landscape.png
That looks really good.

When the next hardware rev becomes available in a few months time, we
should be able to use the accelerometers to automatically switch between
portrait and landscape mode, similar to the way the iPhone and many
digital camera do at the moment.

In the meantime, perhaps there should be an icon bar button, or a
configuaiton option, where some applications, such as the web browser
default to landscape.

--
David Pottage