Login Manager

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 14:45:40 CEST 2007

Hi,

This is w.r.t. having a login manager for OpenMoko.

I am not sure how other PDA phones implement login access, but, in the
Nokia 6210 classic, even without the SIM card, it simply allows access
to the phone, organizer applications, and data. So, if the phone is
lost, valuable information will be stolen, which is something
end-users don't like.

I read this page:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/My_Account

I put together few points on the login manager:
http://shakthimaan.com/downloads/openmoko/docs/login-manager.pdf

I am not sure if I have missed any user scenarios.
Thoughts/suggestions/feedback appreciated. Just replace .pdf to .odt
in the above to get the OpenOffice document.

If login access has already been addressed in OpenMoko, please let me
know. I hope this is clarified before mass market.

Thanks,

Shakthi

--
Shakthi Kannan