Neo 1973 is sold out...

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Mon Aug 6 20:37:26 CEST 2007

On Aug 6, 2007, at 11:07 AM, Andrew L. Clunis wrote:
> I placed my order on
> the 13th of July (#3255) and except for the YES_I_DO process I haven't
> heard anything since.  Nor has anyone else near my number,
> according to
> the P1_Owners wiki page. The question is, am I one of the deferred
> orders?

It's a damned good question.   We have gotten some feedback about
this, but nothing unequivocal.   There's been talk of a second batch
that will ship mid-August.   On the other hand, that could be the
second batch of 100 that they're processing now.

> If my phone won't arrive until September, I might as well just wait
> until GTA02 a month later.  However, I have no information to base
> such
> a decision on.

Well, considering how the schedule slipped on GTA01, I don't think
you should really count on October as the ship date for GTA02.   If
you want a development phone, it might well be worth getting a GTA01,
even in September.   However, if it's not crucial to you to get a
phone at a specific time, there's a good argument to be made for
waiting.