VMWare-Image (again)

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 7 14:14:03 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 07 August 2007 12:58, Rafa Couto wrote:
> > Is there now any working vmware image with all compilation-relevant files
> > including the emulator downloadable?! Preferable with some demos? I just
> > want to "start and begin coding" without having to set up the whole
> > system...
>
> There is QEmu images at http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/OpenMoko_under_QEMU .
> QEMU is a generic and open source machine emulator and virtualizer:
> http://www.qemu.org/

True, but answers the wrong question. The question is whether there is a
virtual machine image of an entire configured build system, similar to the
one for the Neuros OSD. AFAIK the answer is no. I was going to make one using
qemu and ubuntu, but other things got in the way and I won't have the time
again before September.