Neo1973 Phase 1 sales / order process / misconception

Steven ** montgoss+openmokocommunity at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 16:53:09 CEST 2007

On 8/7/07, Andy Powell <openmoko at automated.it> wrote:

> On Tuesday 07 August 2007 08:27, Harald Welte wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > I tried to stay out of this entire discussion (like most non-technical
> > discussions) for a long time.
> >
> > But I think there is just a big misconception of how and what at least
> > certain people percieve and what is actually going on.
>
> No offence Harald, but you seem to have missed the point of the
> complaints.
> It's not that people haven't received their Neo's it's that there has been
> virtually no communication from anyone with regard to general order
> status.
>
> People just want some sort of information or report on what is *generally*
> happening with regard to orders.

He just told you what is *generally* happening.  They have a very small team
processing 1000+ orders with people constantly emailing them wanting to know
the status.  Which just makes it even harder to process all the orders.

I think the problem is people are assuming the worst.  And by doing so, they
only contribute to making their nightmare happen.  You will hear if they run
out of phones.  Right now, they have plenty of phones to ship.  Maybe they
don't have as many phones sitting on their desk as they have orders.  But
they will by the time they get through processing the orders for which they
have phones.

To summarize:  The current delay is not getting phones manufactured.  It is
dealing with all the orders and status requests they are receiving.  No news
is good news!

-Steven