Neo1973 Phase 1 sales / order process / misconception

Kyle Bassett kylebassett at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 23:44:47 CEST 2007

Having my own business, I can begin to understand the position of FIC and
their small team trying to process a seemingly endless list of emails on top
of processing the standard orders.  They don't have "fringe" departments, or
employees for that matter.  No one to sit down and just politely respond to
order inquires all day, every day.  They are overworked, strained, crazy
(just like all of us here :)  ) people that love what they do-and will do
whatever they can to help us take back the mobile phone industry.  Frankly,
they deserve one helluva bonus at the end of this year, although they would
probably be happier if a working Neo was in consumers' hands...

Think about it for a second: all of us who are part of an organization that
use email as an official means of communication essentially check/answer our
emails almost every day, and it takes ridiculously long.  How many emails
have _you_ received today from someone asking about an update?

On the other hand, I can understand the gotta-have-it-right-now feeling of
everyone who does not have a Neo.  Many are itching and screaming for their
uber-geek handheld, so an update every other day or so isn't out of the
question.  Andy makes a good point about how some are feeling:

People just want some sort of information or report on what is *generally*
> happening with regard to orders. Indeed, to paraphrase Michael J Fox,:
>
> "...They're so thirsty for it, they'll crawl through the desert toward a
> mirage and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand.."

And, as Harald said, we are all developers (FIC employees included) trying
to work together, so let's try to act as such...