Neo1973 Phase 1 sales / order process / misconception

Jeff Andros jeff at bigredtj.com
Sat Aug 11 22:25:48 CEST 2007

On 8/8/07, Kyle Bassett <kylebassett at gmail.com> wrote:

> <snip>

people that love what they do-and will do whatever they can to help us take
> back the mobile phone industry.  Frankly, they deserve one helluva bonus at
> the end of this year, although they would probably be happier if a working
> Neo was in consumers' hands...

<snip>

Kind of off the thread topic, but I've been meaning to say this since I got
my NEO

Just the feel of the device, and everything else with it, shows that this is
really a labor of love... Sean and his guys didn't cut corners (or at least
not where it's apparent from the device) It really was worth the wait, and
you have something to be really proud of.

to all of the people working at FIC and Openmoko, thank you for all of your
hard work, and I look forward to working with you in the future

and to the people still waiting, once you hold it in your hand, you can see
why the delays: doing things the right way takes a little longer than just
putting out crap, Its one of the first device purchases that really exceeded
my expectations for the quality of the hardware

Now if I can just keep the dog asleep long enough to let me work on it...
hrmmm

--
Jeff