USB host

Lars Hallberg lah at micropp.se
Mon Aug 13 16:35:38 CEST 2007

Giles Jones skrev:
> Marcin Domanski <groups at kabturek.info> wrote :
>
>> Yep it shouldn't be a problem - let's take an usb hub with external
>> power supply - connect it to neo and then connect the device to the
>> hub. I dont know how's the support for it but its an idea :)
>
> Here's how you solve the power issue:
>
> http://www.radioshack.com/sm-cyberpower-4-port-battery-powered-hub--pi-2259675.html
>
> A rechargable battery powered USB hub.

I'm still not clear over this...

  1) Will it be possible to charge the neo over the usb connection while
the neo is in host mode. Will that raise special demand on the hub?

  2) With 4 AAA batteries in the hub You don't want to charge the neo at
all. If you have wall power You want to fast charge... Can that be
controlled from the neo, raise any extra demand on the hub?

A flexible powered hub (Wall, external battery pack, car-power(12V)... )
that have any 'extra' function that the neo needs/benefits from would be
the perfect companion... almost a obligatory companion to the neo...
But... exactly what does it take to make such a beast?

Pointer to the right page in the wiki is welcome... Have not found it
jet :-)

/LaH