Chinese input for OpenMoko

Torsten Wagner tottiwagner at
Tue Aug 14 09:11:23 CEST 2007

Hi Shu Hung,

Shu Hung (Koala) schrieb:
> Hello,
> OpenMoko is developed and produced in Taiwan. And I live in HK.
> Both places uses Chinese as the common language.

I would say if this would be a standard commercial product, you are out
of luck. I don't need to tell you how many products are produced in
China which never ever target the Chinese market at all.

> I'm just curious if there is any plan for Neo1973 to support Chinese input?
> If so, in what way? Hand-writing input? Or keyboard input method?
That's where OpenSource comes into the game. Even if there would be no
initial support, I bet that for within this little group of just 1.3
billion Chinese speakers ;) there would be at least one (maybe you) who
is able to port one of the already existing input method editors to the Neo.

Telefonate ohne weitere Kosten vom PC zum PC: