Fwd: mailing list management

Robin Farine robin.farine at terminus.org
Thu Aug 16 00:16:34 CEST 2007

OK, since we are having fun with mailing-list classics, here is
another one... Bonus point, it is even not limited to mailing-lists.

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

Given that top-posting and quoting the original message in its
integrity is a common practice, can we infer that posters that
trim the original message and reply inline to specific points
waste their time? Or is it just caused by yet another Outlook
deficiency?

Sorry but I did not get your point. As my mail agent
automatically discards duplicates, I must be missing some
implicit context.

To come back to the subject of this thread, trying to decide
whether Reply-To munging is helpful or harmful is just either-or
thinking. In neither case does it always dispense the poster from
thinking of what he is doing and from editing the To: and/or the
CC: lists when necessary. YMMV

[original message intentionally untrimmed]