FM Radio

Harald Welte laforge at openmoko.org
Sun Aug 19 06:29:13 CEST 2007

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 01:45:12PM +0530, Ashok Kumar wrote:

> Any plans of adding it in future?

not really.  It's still somewhat of a strange conception to me why
peopel would be interested in listening to hours and hours of crappy
commercials interrupted with one or two (mostly crappy, too) songs in
between, if they have a choice to listen to their collection of .ogg
(and patent-encumbered .mp3) files.

Also, I currently don't know what effects this has on things like FCC
approval.

Furthermore, some countries have some kind of levy-based scheme for
funding the public broadcasting companies.  This means that they would
have to pay extra money for a device that has FM radio capabilities.