FM Radio

Daniel Savage sabhain at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 15:25:59 CEST 2007

I'm currently using a Motorola E6 as I wait for NEO to be more ready for the
early adopter / power user.  While I haven't had it a long time, I will say
that the FM Radio is a pretty commonly used thing for me in a cell phone ..
and I encourage the group to consider it if it doesn't have huge overhead /
openness issues.

- While travelling .. it gives an outlet for picking up traffic / news ..
etc that otherwise you might not have access to.

- At the gym / workout facility there's often times several TV's with low
range FM modulators piping the audio to different channels.  This has been
huge for use with the E6 .. and I think the same will be true with Neo.

It's a pretty small thing when I picked out the phone .. I got the phone for
the quad band, expandability and modabillity .. the FM was a throw in that I
find myself using almost everyday .. for small periods of time .. but almost
every day.

Regarrds,

DS

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 01:45:12PM +0530, Ashok Kumar wrote:
>
> not really.  It's still somewhat of a strange conception to me why
> peopel would be interested in listening to hours and hours of crappy
> commercials interrupted with one or two (mostly crappy, too) songs in
> between, if they have a choice to listen to their collection of .ogg
> (and patent-encumbered .mp3) files.
>
> Also, I currently don't know what effects this has on things like FCC
> approval.
>
> Furthermore, some countries have some kind of levy-based scheme for
> funding the public broadcasting companies.  This means that they would
> have to pay extra money for a device that has FM radio capabilities.
>
> --
> - Harald Welte <laforge at openmoko.org>
http://openmoko.org/

I'm not in agreemen with how you say about the FM... So no radio for
Neo? not even in future versions? I am one that think that it's a FM
radio is essential in a modern device, like the camera.

This is not a good news for me... :(