FM Radio

Ian Stirling OpenMoko at mauve.plus.com
Thu Aug 23 14:14:50 CEST 2007

Giles Jones wrote:

> On 22 Aug 2007, at 22:37, D. Vicario wrote:
>

>> To listen for streaming radio I MUST pay for the download, and the
>> price of data isn't cheap... so, the FM module is the only way, for
>> me, to listen radio. And I see very much use of it.
>>

> FM is only worth doing if you can also use the FM circuitry for TMC  to
> get realtime traffic information.

Umm. No.
It's a nice add-on.

For many users, it's a complete side-show.
I want to use it to listen to the news, listen live to music stations
that I like, and may have competitions, or listen to new reasonable
quality music, when I have no opportunity to download stuff to my phone.

I have a RDS radio in my car. I've never used it, as I don't live where
traffic jams are common.

It's valuable if it's very cheap or free.