Buying Openmoko GTA02 from Europe

Andy Loughran andy at zrmt.com
Thu Aug 23 14:20:38 CEST 2007

Well those were exactly my two thoughts:

1) Vodafone can brand it to a much higher level than ever before.
   -'unlimited' customisation
2) Since HTC don't want branded (and 02 won iPhone - though I'm not too sure) there's a gap in Vodafone's portfolio.
3) Vodafone can install their own 'branded' openmoko on the phone for mass distribution, but this doesn't stop the 'hardcore' geeks or 'educated n00bs' from changing the software over the the original openmoko.

I think also voda+neo and moko+neo (where voda is just voda branded) will help get more money in for the openmoko team, and in the long run that can only be a good thing to help pay for hardware/software development, and give the core developers a nice Christmas bonus!

--------
Andy Loughran
www.zrmt.com
m: 07921076319