FM Radio

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Thu Aug 23 16:33:35 CEST 2007

Giles Jones wrote:
> Ian Stirling <OpenMoko at mauve.plus.com> wrote :
>
>> It's valuable if it's very cheap or free.
>
> But it's another chip on the already large board.

Agree
> DAB radios are more useful given the number of extra channels.
Agree.
Definitely more geekish. :)

> There's no end of features you could implement, mobile TV would be another feature now that the EU have standardised on a format.
A DAB receiver could also supply you with DMB data. Which would be for
example video compressed for mobile use...
DMB is DAB with oder codecs used in the data streams.

But i would not say radio or mobile video would be in any a important
feature.
I just liked to add this information without valueing the idea of a
radio in such device. :)