At the risk of being flamed : State of software

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Fri Aug 24 23:00:29 CEST 2007

On Friday 24 August 2007 18:59:23 Jeremy G wrote:
> I'm not sure just how open the Trolltech software is, but is the OS
> open enough to port GTK/Gnome over to the Greenphone?  Just curious.

The OS is Linux, you get a framebuffer and glibc, I see no problem there
(sources available), with a slight problem of the Greenphone having a lower
resolution screen and being oriented a bit more toward stylus usage. What is
likely to fail is the camera and the GSM functionality which will have to be
adapted to the given hardware.