Message duplicates (was: Changes between GTA1 and GTA2?)

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at
Mon Aug 27 14:24:55 CEST 2007

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:25:12 +0200, Harald Welte <laforge at>

> On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 11:56:57AM +0200, Richard Bennett wrote:
>> Hi Harald,
>> Could you please check whether spamassassin has crashed again?
> it locked up again :(
>> The duplicate messages seem to have started once more.
> nobody inside openmoko will ever notice that, since we all use cyrus
> imapd, and its deliver program will filter duplicate message-ids....
>> A crude solution to make spamassassin restart if it crashes could be to
>> start it with a script, wrap the start command in a loop that can never
>> finish.  When spamassassin dies, the command will re-run...
>> Then you can find the reason it crashes later on when you have time.
>> (probably never ;o)
> that would really be easy. unfortunately it just locks up, doesn't die.
Ok, thanks for fixing it.
There are still some dupes coming through, but I guess those were rejected
before you fixed Spamassassin and will stop shortly.