At the risk of being flamed : State of software

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Mon Aug 27 19:23:26 CEST 2007

On Monday 27 August 2007 15:32, Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
> No it's more like MS telling Intel to port Windows to the new processor for
> them. You want to sell something on a platform? Well if nobody wants to
> port it there, you should do it yourself or don't do it, but then you don't
> get to bug others how they should use it there.

A slight logic error is that, to my knowledge, Trolltech never expressed that
me, you, the OpenMoko team or anybody else MUST port Qtopia to the Neo1973
(TT must be chuckling quite a bit by now). The difference is, that since
there IS a GPL version of Qtopia (as opposed to a GPL version of Windows)
anybody, me, you, Joe GNU Coder, anybody interested could potentially do it
EVEN if there is no commercial interest for Trolltech to do so (which was the
original claim - since TT developed Qtopia 'they' should port it to the
Neo, 'we' should stick to GTK and the original framework).