md5sum for firmware images

Dmitri do at gentoo-wiki.com
Tue Aug 28 08:31:33 CEST 2007

Hello,

Intro:
Recently i bricked my old motorola phone by feeding a broken firmware.
The archive was good, unpacking was Ok, and half way through reflashing
the phone it's just gave me an error which result in a brick at the end.

Question:
Would it be appropriate to have md5sum for each firmware image, so end
users would have an option to check integrity of the image?

As far, as I can see,
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Development_resources#Project_Resources
firmware images links are empty for now, but for future it would be nice
to be sure that the particular firmware that you going to upload to your
lovely phone is authentic.

--
Sincerely,
Dmitri