At the risk of being flamed : State of software

Attila Csipa plists at prometheus.org.yu
Tue Aug 28 17:05:20 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 28 August 2007 16:39:54 Gabriel Ambuehl wrote:
> No they didn't. But TT employees keep pushing the idea at the very least.
> This is their good right, but I reserve mine to call them on it ;)

Can you give some references on this (just out of curiosity) ?

> it). I don't think the installed base of Greenphones is ever gonna be big,
> whereas GTA02 might get a few (tens of?) thousands devices shipped...

The greenphone is never meant to be a mass-market device - it is the
counterpart of the GTA01, but AFAIK unlike the FIC-OpenMoko connection, TT
never wanted to be a Phone manufacturer so for them the greenphone is simply
a tech demonstrator and development platform, not the first stage of an
end-user device, for which they apparently hope to get commercial interest
from mobile phone vendors (in which they admittedly haven't been all that
successful as of yet).