GTA01 now or GTA02 later

Steven ** montgoss+openmokocommunity at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 21:21:50 CEST 2007

On 8/30/07, Federico Lorenzi <florenzi at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Will the GPS licensing _eventually_ be sorted out?

What licensing are you talking about?

5) Is the GTA02 really coming out in January, or is it all a big lie?

Last I heard, GTA02 would probably be available for developers (not mass
market) some time in October. (reference:
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2007-August/009491.html )

Wifi and GPS are the draw for me.  So, I'm waiting for GTA02.  Of course, I
still have a cell phone on another network that I'll probably keep until I'm
confident in the stability of OpenMoko to use as my primary.  Until I am
confident, I'll just use prepaid sims in my Neo.

-Steven