T-Mobile & MyFaves

Karsten Ensinger karsten.at.openmoko at onlinehome.de
Fri Aug 31 07:41:41 CEST 2007

Alex Rickabaugh wrote:
> I'm quite excited about getting an OpenMoko phone when it's finally
> released, but just one question: does anyone know if the T-Mobile
> "MyFaves" functionality will be supported?

What part of "MyFaves"?

Talking to your favourites with special conditions?
That is a feature of the net infrastructure (or to be more precise:
a feature of the billing process).

Using funny pictures as a kind of avatar for your favourites?
That would be a feature of your phone.

Using the "one-touch" stuff?
Also a feature of your phone.

Administrate your favourites (Faves)?
Use the browser on your phone and do the administration via Web.
Otherwise it's a feature of your phone.

If it is a feature of the phone, someone has to implement some
kind of software for openmoko phones to provide this functionality.
I am sure that "picture avatars" and "one-touch" (at least out of
the "missed calls" list) will be implemented even without "MyFaves"
in mind (so not limited to five "Faves").
The administration stuff? I doubt, but who knows? Take the browser
instead and do it the "Web way". ;-)

Regards
Karsten