Near-field comms (was Re: need someone to develop this....)

Tim Newsom cephdon at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 08:04:49 CET 2007

On Nov 30, 2007 4:59 PM, Shawn Rutledge <shawn.t.rutledge at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2007 1:34 PM, Michael Shiloh <michael at openmoko.org> wrote:
> > If Bob (or Alice) hands his (or her) phone to the other, then if both
> > phones are shaken in the same hand, the acceleration pattern might
> > provide an extremely unique yet similar signature, not unlike exchanging
> > an encryption key.
> >
> > So if you want to establish a trusted relationship with another Neo
> > user, the two phones are shaken together until the software indicates
> > that you have generated a complex enough pattern that has been
> > recognized on the other.

All of this shake shake shake hand waving reminds me of some kind of tribal
dance.
Imagine having your phone in your pocket... you go to a dance club, out on
the floor having a great time and when you get home you discover that you
have accidentally exchanged phone numbers with 2 very attractive women, 1
not so attractive woman and 4 men....
All who just happened to be dancing close enough and in the right rhythm
(within tolerances).

I am sure it would be interesting for them too....

--
-- Tim