Application idea: Bicycle computer

William Voorhees will.voorhees at
Sun Dec 2 22:49:33 CET 2007

I've looked into this quite a bit, if you'd like to integrate with a
HR Monitor/Cadience/Speed sensor the option that makes the most sense
is to use the ANT( wireless protocol to interact with
any of the sensor made by garmin or suunto.Suunto produces a USB->Ant
interface called the Suunto PC Pod. I was able to get it to work in
linux using the documentation available on a basic proof
of concept (that reads the Heart Rate data) in linux is available

Since the Neo 1973 has USB Host, you could plug in the dongle and have
it working without a problem.