need someone to develop this....

Jeff Andros jeff at bigredtj.com
Mon Dec 3 18:18:52 CET 2007

sorry, missed some of the topic shift, but again, there's that youtube video
posted previously showing something extremely similar

It's also interesting that this could work more like a pre-shared key... we
don't have to use asynchronous crypto since both devices could generate the
same key off of the "shake pattern"

the challenge in doing this is determining when the "shake" starts to get
everything synchronized

On 12/3/07, Randall Mason <lists at mason.ch> wrote:

> Actually, I don't think "shoogle" mentioned the pairing-shaking security
> idea.  I thought that they were only creating non visual user interfaces to
> things like number of SMSs and battery charge.  The main similarity is
> shaking, which maracas and rainsticks both clearly have prior art on these
> ideas.
>
> Randall
>
> On 12/3/07, Jeff Andros <jeff at bigredtj.com> wrote:
>
> > um, is anyone that's replied on this thread a member of the University
> > of Glasgow team that developed the software(shoogle)?  I'm guessing not.  it
> > has obviously already been invented, which means that disclosure arguments
> > are rendered moot by prior art.  Moreover, trying to patent something that
> > someone else invented is theft of intellectual property... preventing this
> > is one of the reasons the GPL exists.  If you want to go forward on this,
> > check with the authors(see below for contact information) they'd probably be
> > delighted to have community help in developing it.
> > >

> > > Authors(taken from
> > http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~rod/publications/WilMurHug07Interactive.pdf<http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/%7Erod/publications/WilMurHug07Interactive.pdf>):
> > John Williamson
> > Dept. Computing Science