2007.11 snapshot available

AVee openmoko-comunity at avee.org
Wed Dec 5 18:41:25 CET 2007

On Wednesday 05 December 2007 10:14, Thomas Wood wrote:

> Obviously T9 will not be implemented due to patent issues. I will ask
> him if the source is available anywhere.

Do you (or anyone else) happen to have any background on this T9 patent issue?
I seem to find a US Patent and some stories about US lawsuits, but I'm not
sure the patent really is a problem outside of the US. It might just be
possibly to publish T9 capable software when it is developed and hosted
outside the US.
I at least like to believe I can still publish any piece of software here,
without having to worry about stupid patents, and frankly T9 seems to be
pretty trivial to implement.

We would have to name it differently tough, T9 is a trademark of Tegic
Communications...

AVee

--
Computers are not intelligent.  They only think they are.