OT:administrivia -- a request to reduce duplicate mails

Joshua Layne joshua at willowisp.net
Wed Dec 5 22:33:20 CET 2007

Hi all,
I am subscribed to several of the openmoko lists.  When someone copies
multiple lists on a message, I get all the copies (usually 3 for some
reason).  Worse, when anyone replies to the initial mail, they reply all
and I get another full set of mails.

I realize that there are valid reasons for crossposting some of the content
(particularly by core devs).  Could I request the following?

Send one email to each list (instead of copying all lists on a single
email)

it is more work, but it solves the reply-all issue, which is really what
generates the most redundant traffic.  I don't mind getting multiple copies
of the initial email.

flames, comments, etc... welcomed.

This is intentionally only posted to the community list, as it seems to be
copied on all the 'offending' emails.

Best Rgds,
Josh