A problem with usb networking

Lars Hallberg lah at micropp.se
Wed Dec 5 23:13:58 CET 2007

geniere90 at interfree.it skrev:
> Nothing, same problem... :(((((((((
> I also tryied to change the configuration of my network: from 192.168.1.x to 192.168.0.x as yours. But nothing...
> I think the problem is in ubuntu...

I'm on ubunto to. In my /etc/network/interfaces i added:

auto usb0
iface usb0 inet static
         up iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE -s &
         up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward &
         up iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT &
         down iptables -D POSTROUTING -t nat -j MASQUERADE -s &

(sorry if some lines ge broken up)

The autopart is not always working, but 'sudo ifup usb0' and 'sudo
ifdown usb0' make the trick when auto fail.

The only other thing I remember is adding my nameserver to
/etc/resolv.conf on the neo.

But it do asume Your pc/laptop is not on the 192.168.0.x net.