SMS is required

Casper van Donderen casper.vandonderen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 12:06:22 CET 2007

I did not know they charge you extra for SMS in the US, since SMS is the
data transfers that happens between pressing the 'call' button and the
connection to the other phone (actually SMS was a hack found out by Nokia
people back in the '90's)

But over here in the Netherlands we have a fair-use policy on almost any
mobile thing:

unlimited GPRS: one provider states: max 3x the average of all other users,
another one: after 50MB of traffic we will call you to stop using GPRS (this
is per month)
unlimited SMS: 1000 SMS messages.

That's why we need both over here, so you can split your data usage.