usb network dongle (was Re: dhcp on usb0)

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Fri Dec 7 16:45:54 CET 2007

> The USB connector on the Neo can be switched from client to host
> mode, but
> last I heard (some time ago now) the code to do the switching
> hadn't been
> implemented.

Thats very interesting - if anyone has any technical details on how
this works I'd like to hear about it because there are USB devices
(MIDI interface) I'd very much like to get working with my neo if I
can ..

> >You also need the host mode cable which IIRC only comes with the
> developers' version, or you can make one yourself. Then you either
> need
> self-powered devices, a self-powered hub or a cable mod to provide
> the 5V
> because the GTA01 can't provide the power for devices.

Okay, I have two advanced developers kits (with boards), but I don't
have any special cable .. or do I?  How does it work?

;
--
Jay Vaughan