Community update: GSM firmware, 850MHz experiment, GTA02 progress

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Mon Dec 10 08:53:11 CET 2007

Dnia poniedziałek, 10 grudnia 2007, Richard Reichenbacher napisał:

> I am a student at the University of Arizona and work for the IT
> department.  We have one of the worlds largest Cisco Radius wifi setups
> in the world.  Our main wifi network uses wpa enterprise with peap
> authentication and the equifax secure certificate for loging in.
> Currently, we are unable to find a cell phone that will work with our
> network.  None of them support wpa enterprise with peap authentication.
> Is there any chance that the GTA02 will support this?

For connecting to WPA networks WPA Supplicant [1] is used. Currently it
supports few EAP-PEAP modes:

EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPv2 (both PEAPv0 and PEAPv1)
EAP-PEAP/TLS (both PEAPv0 and PEAPv1)
EAP-PEAP/GTC (both PEAPv0 and PEAPv1)
EAP-PEAP/OTP (both PEAPv0 and PEAPv1)
EAP-PEAP/MD5-Challenge (both PEAPv0 and PEAPv1)

If you are able to connect to that network with Linux laptop then you
should be able to connect with GTA02.

I do not know does WiFi driver was tested with encryption yet.

1. http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

   Gdyby człowiek musiał zezwalać innym na to, co toleruje u siebie,
   życie byłoby nie do wytrzymania.             [Georges Courteline]