Please help me with the openmoko-devel-image build issue

Pierre Hébert pierrox at pierrox.net
Tue Dec 11 08:01:38 CET 2007

On Monday 10 December 2007, Xie Chaohong wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm not sure whether these are the proper mail loops to ask about
> build problems. If not, please tell me one.
>
> Anyway, when try to build the openmoko-devel-image (openmoko 2007.2
> version) according to " Getting OpenMoko working on host with Xoo" and
> "Building OpenMoko using the MokoMakefile ", I encountered the
> following problem with uboot build (the error message is attached at
> the end).
>
> While, it can pass the build process if the"uboot-openmoko" flag is
> deleted from the Makefile but it can boot up the openmoko finally in
> the following steps.

Hi,

I encounter the two same errors. While the first regarding uboot can be
ignored, it seems the second comes from using dash instead bash as
default shell. Maybe /bin/sh is a symlink to /bin/dash on your system.
On a debian system, using "sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash" may help (see
http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OEandYourDistro).
However I can't certify this is really the cause because I didn't have
time to rebuild one more time.

Pierre.