Any chance to have a dual-SIM slot on futures products?

David Pottage david at electric-spoon.com
Tue Dec 11 14:37:02 CET 2007

On Tue, December 11, 2007 8:08 am, Bartlomiej Zdanowski [Zdanek] wrote:
> Hi.
> kkr pisze:
>> dual-SIM slot in their products. And both SIMs are active at the same
>> time!
>>
> It requires two GSM modems inside Neo. That closes this issue.

Only if both SIMs are active on networks at once. While that would be
nice, I don't think that is what people are asking for.

The dual SIM products you can buy after market, take two SIM cards, and
provide a way for to switch between them, either by rebooting the phone,
or via a SIM services menu.

For a future Neo, it would be helpful to have two or more SIM slots, and a
means to switch between them in software, each switch would probably
involve rebooting the GSM modem, so that it would 'see' the new SIM card
and log into a different network.

This feature would be useful while traveling, especially in Europe where
there are lots of small countries, and some people commute between them on
a daily basis.

It could also be used for lowering call costs. For example, when the user
makes an outgoing call, the software could consult some rules to see which
SIM would be cheapest to use. It might even be possible to quickly switch
to it before starting the call. The SIMs not in use would be automatically
diverted to the one in use, so that incoming calls would still get
through.

--
David Pottage

Error compiling committee.c To many arguments to function.