What to use while waiting of v2?

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Sun Dec 16 23:38:58 CET 2007

Dnia niedziela, 16 grudnia 2007, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller napisał:
> Am 16.12.2007 um 21:54 schrieb Marcin Juszkiewicz:

> > Any recent Windows Mobile PDA then.

> Fortunaltely, there is no need to do such a strange move for a
> Mac&Linux addict...
>
> There is the Sharp Zaurus which is amongst the best PDAs out there.

Man... I had all models of Sharp Zaurus palmtops in hands. Let see:

SL-5000/5500/5600 we will ignore as they have crappy screen
SL-6000 is too bulky
c700 has slow CPU and only 32M ram
c750/c760/c860/sl-7500 have nice video acceleration under Ångström but are
  available only from second hand
c1000/c3000/c3100/c3200 are faster and have USB Host functionality

But they all lack any wireless connectivity (which you can add via CF or
USB but it adds to size), each of available ones (c1000/3x00) is huge
compared to today palmtops. And it has so split community that getting
support starts to be hard.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

        "To be or not to be that is the question.":
         every programmer knows the answer $2b or (not $2b) is $ff.