Please help me with the openmoko-devel-image build issue

Rodolphe Ortalo rodolphe.ortalo at
Tue Dec 18 19:38:15 CET 2007

Le mardi 18 décembre 2007 à 07:24 +0100, Pierre Hébert a écrit :
> On Sunday 16 December 2007, Xie Chaohong wrote:
> > I'd like to know whether you can boot up the openmoko system or not,
> > because according to your previous mail, you encountered the same
> > issue as me but you didn't have time to build another one.
> After replacing dash with bash, it worked fine till the end (I started
> the build process from the beginning). After all I think that if you
> want to build openmoko apps for x86, the instructions at
> are better suited for this purpose (faster and lighter).

If you want to build on the host, you may also be interested in the
patch I submitted under Bugzilla enhancement entry 543 which allows to
build most of the tree more easily (you still have to find the
dependencies on your distrib however).

 (BTW maybe the patch is not valid for a recent SVN checkout, but I can
provide a new one if needed).