Community update, Thursday, December 20 2007

Steven Le Roux steven at le-roux.info
Fri Dec 21 14:06:54 CET 2007

On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 00:42:53 -0700, "Richard Reichenbacher" <richard5 at email.arizona.edu> wrote:

> As long as there's the Equifax security certificate it'll support our
> network.  It would also be a huge move for cell phone wifi as it would be
> the only phone that works with our network.
>
> Richard

And the whole "freephonie" network in France which is a wifi network for SIP phoning over PEAP autentication.

This is a huge wifi nework which provide free national phoning through wifi from freebox set top boxes.

Juste to give you an idea, here is an example of the network on one part of the Brest City (France).

It's between 10 and 20% of all the SSID :)

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1812/freephonie3cp5.png

(picture obtained with kismet, gps, and pushing all coords in kml, oh and many many car driving time :))

It represents like 1,5 millions Access point over the country, and both phone provided by Free (the ISP) are quite bad, a wistron and a pirelli which are not opened, and anyway pieces of shit), so many people are interested by the PEAP feature ;)

--
Steven Le Roux
steven at le-roux.info
xmpp:steven at jabber.fr