Network questions

Nick Guenther kousue at
Sun Dec 23 03:15:50 CET 2007

On Dec 22, 2007 12:38 PM, Nicolas Linkert <linkert at> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am geting confused with the network settings:
> - my PC has IP
> - my router has IP
> - my printer has IP
> Now I am, supposed to set usb0 to Does that work with my
> current configuration? Or do I need to have
> PC
> router
> printer
> usb0
> phone

You're probably getting confused because you don't realize that your
PC will have *two* IPs. The network card with .2 is different then the
network interface that the neo presents. The PC will have two
addresses: .2 (ethernet) and .200 (usb0) and the neo has .202 (it
already has it, in the default configuration).
You will also have to make sure the PC is bridging packets from usb0
to the other interfaces. The details of how to do this depend on your
OS.. it sounds like you have Ubuntu?