Neo unusable for playing ogg

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Wed Dec 26 17:28:20 CET 2007

ke, 2007-12-26 kello 17:07 +0100, Flemming Richter Mikkelsen kirjoitti:
> As far as I know, Vorbis supports real time scaling of the quality.

I don't know about that. Theoretically, one hears, it supports bitrate
peeling, but AFAIK nobody's implemented that anywhere.

Anyway, on the larger issue of playing ogg, the pulseaudio sound server
seemed to take quite a lot of CPU when I tried playing music, though
this was a long while ago... ogg123 from command line using direct alsa
was a lot better. Wonder if something could be optimized here without
losing functionality?

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:http://www.transhumanism.org/>