Neo1973 and Qtopia with GPS application

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 01:07:44 CET 2007

It's working well, thanks for this!

I've been briefly thinking about the Neo1973's internal GPS antenna
and looking at some photos:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Image:Gta01b_v3_case_top_open_pcb_lifted.jpg

If the grey cable with the U.fl/Hirose connector plugged in next to
the sim holder is for the internal antenna, then the antenna itself
would be located in the top of the phone, orientated straight out the
top? If this is correct, the GPS is going to work best when the phone
is stood straight up rather than lying on its back?