data encryption + Biometric security

Ben Burdette bburdette at comcast.net
Thu Feb 1 18:11:41 CET 2007

Here are a couple of items for the phone wish list:  data encryption and
biometric security.  I'd like the phone to be a secure place for me to
store passwords and similar information.  Are there plans to have some
security features like this, that would prevent someone from extracting
secure data from the phone if it was lost?

Having a fingerprint scanner would be more of a convenience feature so I
wouldn't have to enter a password whenever I want use the phone, or
alternatively when I want to access encrypted data.

Here's a device that has a built in fingerprint scanner, its a debian
server that connects to your computer with USB:

http://www.projectblackdog.com/