Any alternative ideas to fullscreen popup-messages?

Jason Weathered openmoko at jason.backtick.org
Thu Feb 1 22:10:30 CET 2007

On 2007-02-01 22:09, Lars Hallberg wrote:
 > Harder problem... What to do when the screen is off and a phone call
 > comes in? Turning the screen on is OK, but I don't want the
 > touch-interface to go on in my pocket... so what to do that's not
 > completely awkward. See little choice but to use the 'hardware'
 > buttons. But there position do not look optimal.

The screen should definitely turn on and perhaps flash or change
brightness continuously (i.e. pulse).

With regards to accidental clicks, I have a couple of ideas:

* Two taps at opposite corners or opposite edges to unlock.

* A quick left/right/left triple tap or left->right->left drag action in
the middle of the screen.

* Apple's iPhone has a "slide to unlock". A continuous left to right
action over a certain region unlocks the phone.

Since the display isn't pressure sensitive I think any of these options
would probably work. Can we have all of them? :)

Jason