Let us un-stub http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_International_Computer an then translate it!

Robert Michel openmoko at robertmichel.de
Fri Feb 2 11:03:39 CET 2007

Salve Michael!

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:

> > I also never realized that FIC is not just some little startup
> > That makes it a lot more likely that they will still be around for V2 to get
> > released, and for V1 to actually work.
>
> I'm kind of surprised that FIC means so little to a lot of people I'm
> talking.

Just look http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIC  or in anny other
languages then english. I wrote Sean yesterday an email
and pleased to add some more intresting stuff to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_International_Computer

Official is this article count as:
" This computer-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by
    expanding it."

> FIC was well-known to be a manufacturer of solid x86
> motherboards back in the 80s. Perhaps most people weren't into
> computers back those days? ;)

Could it be that to much production for other brands weaken the
popularity of the brand FIC?

End users are brand orientated, but IMHO this doesn't count...
for us it is important the quality of the hardwareproduction
and I have a feeling that FIC is a very good choice.

So before the wave on media response about the Neo we should
help with spreading some more informations about FIC - some
more details, some pictures...
Maby the decision of FIC to join/support/drive the
OpenMoko/Neo1973 project and to develop and produce the Neo1973
could bring a popularity/image benefit for FIC? ;)
Just beside of the chance of profit with selling Neo1973s?

So expanding of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_International_Computer
would help.

Greetings,