Please no crossposting! Re: Information regarding theMessaging Support in OpenMoko

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at
Fri Feb 2 14:49:15 CET 2007

On Friday 02 February 2007 14:13:32 Dave Crossland wrote:
> I imagine that low bandwidth proxies will emerge for all kinds of
> protocols both as the developed-world power users like OpenMoko owners
> want cheap omnipresence, and as the developing world wants to make
> best use of very limited bandwidth available.

Well for instant messaging, a very important part of the BW consumed could be
keep alive packets for the TCP session for which low bandwith proxies can't
really help much and you're at mercy of the NAT timeout of your GPRS